Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want to see your high mileage rides. I have a 2003 V it now has 171,899 miles and going strong.

My 2001 CRV SE has 297,657 miles.

Original engine, original transmission, original head gaskets.
Her bones rattle a bit, but her motor still purrs.

Type of gas used: anything, anywhere except diesel.
Type of oil used: any type of motor oil.
I do change all the fluids every 2 years - differential included.
Oil changes, once per year.
Spark plug, wires, and distributor cap change every 5 years.
Timing belt change every 100,000 miles.
Tire and brake maintenance as needed.

That's about it.

It's a shame the new ones look like miniature eggs.

She's a fantastic car.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have this beast:

CRV front.jpg

She is a 1995 JDM, quite posibly one of the oldest ones about but relatively low mileage for her age at 155500 miles on the clock. I've not had her long (since April) but she has not been the most reliable of rides in that time.

Everything points to it not being looked after so so well in the later years of it's life, plus she was and it's safe to say that shows, so far I've had to do the water pump (& every belt & seal to get to it), new thermostat, new radiator and, unfortunately, I'm now almost 90% certain I'm going to have to do the head gasket too...

She's also had a new ignition coil, complete distributor too (the coil let go on a dual carriageway), and now requires the diff fluid changed judging by the rather horrible noises that have recently started up in the back... And the exhaust is both welded & seemingly made up from exhausts from 3 different cars & a piece of scaffolding pole...

For the moment she is however limping along, soon to be laid up for the winter while I fly south for work.

Hopefully no more of this in the meantime...

·
Registered
8 Posts
2001 CRV: 235,000 miles. Love this car. Also have a 2007 CRV, 151,000 miles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm currently driving a 2004 Honda crv. Original transmission and motor. No major repairs besides maintenance. Acquired from parents at 280k my parents acquired at 180k it now sits at 411.3k miles.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts