Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone besides me amazed at some of the high mileages reported on some of the V's here on the forum?
I'm thinking in terms of how long you actually have to be in the car to go that far.
I remember back a few years ago I was getting itchy for a new car to drive to work. I figured out that I had been in the car (my '02 Accord) for over one solid year 24/7, just commuting, not including any other use. And that was only getting up to 100k miles or so.
Do people really spend that much time driving?
Maybe it makes a difference if you're in a less densely populated area than here in the Greater Los Angeles basin.
What do you think?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
We racked up 190k on the vehicle we had prior to the 07 CRV, that was over 15 years and under average per year, had two other vehicles at the time. Kids in sports, etc. will rack the miles up fast.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
I did 50k miles a year for 35 years, only doing about half that now.

·
Registered
460 Posts
The challenge will be these new cars, The older Honda's and Toyota's were famous for taking abuses and still go strong. The newer ones are... dunno, I am sure the engineers must have put some thought into longevity. Remember todays cars are complicated more electronics and safety features. Not like before which they are simple, and easy to fix. Also fuel economy wasn't a top priority.

Heck I remember seeing a very old commercial of a US vehicle which they pushed it off a cliff and it rolled over.. They flipped it back up it started up and it drove away.. I dare you to try that with any car today!

I still see plenty of late 80's to late 90's cars on the Roads, In both Honda/Nissan/Toyota. More early Honda's and Toyota's in early 2000's.. not many of the other generation vehicle... I blame cash for clunkers though..

Remember globalization, most manufactures probably use similar parts manufacture or suppliers.. The difference will be engineering design to test the long term durability.

·
Registered
2000 Honda CR-V EX
10 Posts
I just completed a 1,808 mile trip from Colorado to Bozeman, Montana via Utah and Idaho with 217,313 miles on the odometer starting out on this trip and now back home odometer is 219121. Not a single issue or problem. 5 speed stick. Only issue is cruise control would lose some speed going up an incline but pressing lightly on the pedal to take it back up to cruising speed worked fine. Not so much an issue as 2000’s were somewhat sluggish with power to climb hills. This is a testament to how reliable these vehicles are. There are places in Montana and Wyoming very rural that a breakdown would not be fun. Didn’t have to add any oil. I checked that the whole trip. AC nice and cold on hot summer day. I’ll drive this car until it can’t get replacement parts. Honda please bring back the Element lol 😆.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts