Votes: 6 25.0%
  • NO

Votes: 18 75.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.

High Oil Consumption Poll

13K views 35 replies 30 participants last post by  kloker 
#1 ·
How many of you have started to notice your V using oil? Mileage & Date would be good to know.

#30 ·
That is nowhere near being a cause for concern. One L every 1600 km is approximately what Honda says is acceptable. (One quart per 1000 miles.)

I have to dump a quart of oil into our Civic every week until I can get the oil pan gasket replaced. Plus, at nearly 240,000 miles, it is burning a bit of oil due to the oil rings on the pistons being caked up. This is very high consumption. I would be happy if it only lost a quart over 5,000 miles.

#34 ·
As best I can see this thread was intended for Gen3 cars only, not Gen2 or Gen4 or other, yet several of those have posted, which skews the numbers. Gen 3 is really divided into two sections, Gen3 (07,8,9) and Gen3.5 (10,11), due to engine changes. There is a recall on piston rings in the '10 and'11 models, with specific parameters. I've heard of few issues with the first group, and a moderate number in the second group. Do your research to determine if you qualify for the engine work. There are several informative threads on this here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.