Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,

I need to replace my front pads on an '07 CRV. I'm a car camper, so I'm typically covering long distances with an extra 200-300 Lbs of gear.

I would like to get something that scrubs speed faster!

I do a lot of highway miles, with minimal city traffic driving.

I know that these priorities may be exclusionary, but I would also like to have low noise, dust and the pads be relatively friendly to the OEM rotors. My lowest priority is durability.

Thoughts??

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,808 Posts
I carried 500+ lbs of cargo in my '06 for 9 years without issue. Used OEM pads (from the online dealers) which were about the same cost as 'name-brand' aftermarkets such as Akebono (which I use in several of my other cars).

A 'faster-scrubbing' pad would generate a lot of dust in my experience. If you are braking OK but HATE dust, just try a ceramic pad.

Have you experienced any fade or braking vibration with your present brakes?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ive got vibration in my current pad/rotors, and I am running OEM pads and I think OEM rotors, but not certain. The PO did the brakes last. I am thinking of tossing everything and starting over again with what I like and is a solid product.

This is on my 2010.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I carried 500+ lbs of cargo in my '06 for 9 years without issue. Used OEM pads (from the online dealers) which were about the same cost as 'name-brand' aftermarkets such as Akebono (which I use in several of my other cars).

A 'faster-scrubbing' pad would generate a lot of dust in my experience. If you are braking OK but HATE dust, just try a ceramic pad.

Have you experienced any fade or braking vibration with your present brakes?
Sure, higher Mu typically has tradeoffs--I'm shifting to greater friction this go around.

I got some feedback at Bob is the Oil Guy (Sorry, can't post links yet. I need this message to go through, then I'll have the required 5 posts)

I went with the Raybestos Element 3/EHT pad as it had a higher DOT rating of GG vs most competitors FF pads

The car is "new to me", so I'm not sure of the equipment, but I believe it to be OEM pads & rotors. I've not had issues with fade or vibration, but the dusting was notable and noise was mild/moderate and operation was smooth with some grabbing/groaning noted when lurching forward.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts