Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I notice a high-pitched sound coming from the air vents We only notice it when the ventilation system is on (fan, AC, etc.) I think it's fan noise, but it's very hard to localize.

We took the car to the dealer for the latest recall, which apparently has nothing to do with this, and the dealer of course said there is no whine and would do nothing. So now I have a car that whines and a pissed off wife.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
89 Posts
My CR-V started making a whine/whistling noise when the fan speed is high. Happened a few months ago for the first time on my CR-V (almost a year after purchase) so thought maybe the cabin air filter was due for replacement. It didn't look to bad but they're cheap so I threw new filter in and was back to quiet.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Likely something to do with the cabin filter....easy to check....when you pull it out make sure there is no debris left in the opening.....leaves etc

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When we picked it up form the dealer today, they said that they removed, inspected, and put back the cabin filter, so I'm hoping that maybe it being reseated will help. We haven't heard the noise yet, but then it was intermittent.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey jimbarr, have you had the noise come back? We have a 17 EXL and have noticed the high-pitched sound. Took it to the dealer and they said they cleaned the cabin air filter. Not only is the high-pitched sound still there and intermittent, now we have another new sound that sounds like one of those airhorns at a soccer match, quite annoying.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess it went away for a short while, but it's still intermittent. Having the radio on drowns it out, but it's still noticeable at times. Very frustrating. Our 2017 CR-V is fine on most counts, but we really, REALLY miss the solid functionality of our late 2004 CR-V.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hm ok. Yeah we've been trying to drown it out with the radio but it is still quite noticeable. It's our first CR-V so excited and love most of the features but there's a few things that it seems that Honda didn't even think twice about.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the same issue on my 2017 CRV, it happens only when the fan is on max speed and it aims toward legs, and driver side vent opening is fully closed. The sound come and goes. I tried to replace the air filter it didn't help, then I took it to the dealer, dealer reproduced the sound and installed a new blower motor, it didn't help. Funny thing, I drive a rental CRV 2020 last week and the sound was there too. I guess it's a design issue.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
the car has a white noise cancelation system Lol the Ac cabin filter is easy peasy

can some lube be used? I think so. can it help, I think so. do I know, I think so.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got the sound too. It sounds like someone whistling. 2018 EX. It started around a year and a half from new and only on auto (when Fan goes to max and it’s on feet blowers). I can’t tell for sure but it sounds like it’s from
The passenger side. If I manually turn the fan speed down and then back up the sound goes away. Also if I wait a few min the sound goes away (probably since the auto fan lowers it).

I also sometimes hear a very high pitched sound when the fan is blowing - I wonder if that’s the noise reduction system having trouble. The whistling sound is definitely more noticeable and annoying.
I’ll try the filter replacement soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts