Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new here to this website and this is my first post so bare with me. I have a 2001 Honda Civic Ex and just recently I've been hearing a high pitched whistle sound whenever I start breaking at low speeds until stopped ( the whistling sound is coming from the front I believe).I've serviced the front brake pads and rotors a couple months ago and had no problems with the noise until now. The noise isn't like a squeak you would hear from the pads but more like air coming out. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks guys

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
When you serviced the front brakes did you lubed the slider pins? I would suggest to check the front brakes again you might have a binding pins that is causing the pads to slightly drag. Let me know.

·
Registered
772 Posts
When you serviced the front brakes did you lubed the slider pins? I would suggest to check the front brakes again you might have a binding pins that is causing the pads to slightly drag. Let me know.

Times two on this suggestion, since you gotta go there to lube the pins, might as well slip the pads out and scuff up the pads on a piece of course sandpaper on a flat surface. They are probably glazed from dragging. Good luck.
David g. :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts