Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone:

Well, I'm about to pull the trigger on purchasing my first CRV--which will be mostly for my wife and for trips. I've found some great deals on used models, but am now completely turned around by some of the online reviews I'm reading. Peeling paint, hard seats road noise and steering vibrations on the 2010. Awful power on the 2009. I'm trying to weed out the reviews of overly finicky people (stock tires always suck, so don't complain about them, etc.), but it's hard to do. Here are my options as they currently stand:

2010 EX w/ 17,000 miles for $21,900 OTD--full service records
2009 EX w/ 15,000 miles --not haggled yet, asking $21k-- must have been an old person or 2nd home car, only put on 5k a year and had their first oil change after 20 months of ownership.

also, just saw a 2011 SE w/9,000 miles--not haggled yet, asking $22,400

All appear to be in beautiful shape. I like the idea of the power upgrade on the 2010, but a lot of folks are saying the engine now sounds coarse and the tranny shifts poorly. The plush, black seat fabric and (in my opinion) nicer grill, are the selling points for the 2009. The fabric looks more wear resistant than the 2010--and I have a new family that will be testing durability.

Any thoughts before I jump?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same kind of question but will be waiting until next spring to buy, want to run my 02' a bit longer. The reliability scores on the 10' seem good and the 15 extra HP seem like a real benefit. I would be interested in hearing from 09' and 10' owners who are going to keep theirs for the long haul. I've not driven a 10' and there are complaints around about it being lethargic. I drive an 02' V with many less HP and it seems fairly agile, so I'm not sure what to think.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Happy to say that, from my short test drive, the 2010 didn't register as lethargic. Its not a sports coup, but I felt fine merging onto the highway when I hit the gas. Sounds like some of those original concerns were taken care of with a quick computer fix.

I'm also curious to hear what people think of the drive train on the 09 versus the 10. Forget the numbers. On the road, did it get better or worse?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts