Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 CRV ex.
Installed a subwoofer and had a loud hum on the sub while the vehicle was driving. Found out I had to remove the active noise cancellation module. That fixed the issue.

But now when I step on the throttle I hear a tiny hissing noise coming from the speakers. Anyone know what that is or what I can do?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Yes as I stated I have removed the ANC module. That fixed my subwoofer issue. But now I have a hiss on the speakers.
How did you remove it? You might have an open line to the amplifier input that is fed by the ANC.
This would allow it to pick up stray electrical noise and feed it back into the audio system.

Rob

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How did you remove it? You might have an open line to the amplifier input that is fed by the ANC.
This would allow it to pick up stray electrical noise and feed it back into the audio system.

Rob

I just unplugged the harness from the ANC module. What do you suggest to do to stop electrical noise from entering the exposed harness?

·
Registered
7 Posts
2019 CRV ex.
Installed a subwoofer and had a loud hum on the sub while the vehicle was driving. Found out I had to remove the active noise cancellation module. That fixed the issue.

But now when I step on the throttle I hear a tiny hissing noise coming from the speakers. Anyone know what that is or what I can do?
When you disconnected the active noise cancellation did you notice a difference in background noise or when using the mic for calls?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When you disconnected the active noise cancellation did you notice a difference in background noise or when using the mic for calls?
Not sure, I removed the ANC module the second day I owned the car. So I'm not really sure what the car sounded like beforehand. But I don't have any issues with the interior noise or the mic for calls.

In fact I've read that the "ugly noise while accelerating" in this vehicle could be related to having the ANC plugged in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts