Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I cant do anything so Im not stressing but my crv got hit when parked and the (bad swearword) driver didnt leave details.

Luckily most of the mark were surface level that buffed off but seems to be two sharp small dents in driver side wheel arch.
Now the rest of the car is mint in and out so its bugging me.

Any ideas of the whole paint free dent removal......im getting quote of around £100-160 uk ....any advice on this sito would be great.
Yes I believe what goes around comes around but I just want it fixed.

Thanks.

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Auto part Motor vehicle

·
Registered
544 Posts
Damn...that sucks...while I can't help I hope it works out and tell us about how/cost/etc. you wind up fixing it.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For sure.
Worst thing is I have this camera which has parking mode on (come on with vibrations even when car off) but that faces front and back not to the side.
Best guess is as there was a bay to the next of the car...someones door must have opened whilst parallel as Ive been parking there for 15 years on and off so know the spot.
This just makes me think in future all cars will have 360 cameras. The cost is so much cheaper than insurance claims and repairs. Im most angry but dont know whom did it.

https://www.nextbase.co.uk/dash-cams/front-and-rear-hd-dash-cam/

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,572 Posts
So long as the paint is ok "paint free dent removal" is the way to go. Just make sure whoever is doing it has plenty of experience, it's really an art form. I've taken out several on my vehicles but the location of yours, on the fender crease, I would have someone with lots of experience.

You should post a photo when complete.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agreed, the location of dent is important...

I checked the camera footage today, turns out it cannot be a car door but must be somebody trolley or something like that......either way Im talking to somebody with 25 years experience to deal with it.

He did state that I can get it done cheaper but that wont be a good idea considering what I paid for the car....
Either way, I will update soon as anything is done.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE

got it fixed today...took about 1 hour but they are small dents just wheel arch is not easy....dude was skilled mid 50's no offense but I didnt want a 18year old....

first pic before polish 2nd il load later as too big file at moment....bearing in mind any marks are just reflection..... £130 uk ....worth it considering it would devalue car more.well happy with the pdr. Tire Automotive tire Auto part Synthetic rubber Vehicle
Vehicle Car Tire Automotive exterior Auto part

1 - 6 of 6 Posts