Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About me
Aspiring mechanical engineer. Last summer I was driving a VW Jetta (loved it but it kept breaking), more over, and despite most peoples concept of New Mexico, it does snow some here (I live at around 7000 ft. above sea level. It is the desert, but the "high" desert.) So I bought a Gen 1 CR-V w/ manual transmission for a daily driver as well as a throw-people-and-food-in-and-go-camping vehicle.

About the CR-V
Went on a road-trip this past weekend (Thank goodness for spring break!) and ran into some troubles with my CR-V. Bought it last summer and have loved it ever since, but had a complete tire tread separation on the highway. All is well and good, and thankfully/safely home now, but doing research this morning I joined the forum to try and contribute. I need to replace the bumper cover due to the tire, but I am a fair D.I.Y.er and backyard auto mechanic (worked in a garage for a little over a year) and, especially now, have some plans for "rebuilding" my CR-V. On order is a complete front suspension kit from eBay (O.E.M. with new bushings) and a tune-up + timing belt kit from amazon. Will be posing D.I.Y.s in a couple of weeks.

In the mean time, here are a couple of pictures from our trip. We drove down to White Sands National Monument near Alamogordo, NM.

DSCN0517.jpg DSCN0544.jpg

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hello! I just posted in another thread that I really like the Gen 1 style. It's funny (to me) that when I first looked at the picture there is so little there to provide scale I almost thought it was a toy car. :) I've never had a full tread separation, just enough to pound the wheel well and fender. That was enough and glad yours didn't turn out worse.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts