Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks. My driver's side seat got a small hole in it. What is the best way to repair this problem? Does Honda sell the fabric to repair this?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Honda sells OEM replacement covers.

Replacement requires removal of the seat from the vehicle. They're not that difficult to replace yourself. I'd say it took my son and I about 3 hrs from start to finish to replace both front seat bottom covers in my daughter in laws 13 V.

The length of time it took was because I forgot to bring my hog ring pliers. I also reused the original hog rings (2 pair of pliers to bend them back into a C shape and then 1 pair to squeeze them back together to hold the cover and foam to the frame.

Cost for the covers was $75 each. This price was an online price match made by my local dealer. Retail was about $30 more.

....i hope the rear seat bottom covers are as easy to change, they're on the "grandpa to do list" for my next visit.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Well, I have a way of 'repairing' the hole, but it all depends on how frugal you are...are you concern about aesthetics...location of the hole...size of the hole, etc.

Haven't done it to my CRV, but on other vehicles I've own in the past...I've used thin fishing line (nylon)...a hook/loop needle...and acetate based glue (superglue).

Basically, close up the hole with loop needle and fishing line...and then spread superglue of it to reinforce the repair...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts