Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Honda has started to sometimes loose power when driving and the VSA light and triangle light comes on. It won't react to the gas pedal and I have to turn off the engine and turn it on again for the car to work. It was low on oil but I have refilled it and today it happened again. I have been driving with the yellow engine light on for more than a year and the car has been a little sluggish on low RPM in 2nd and 3rd gear. But from what i researched it could be a faulty sensor or something related to emissions, so I haven't bothered doing anything about that.

So does anyone know if it could be the Diesel particle filter, or some emission issue that has escalated, or something else. The car drives fine after it is turned off and on but this started 2 days ago so I'm guessing it will just get worse. Any ideas?

·
Registered
50 Posts
You need to get a fault code reader onto it and see what the fault is, that will narrow the it to the system you need to look at or with luck to the exact problem. Just a generic Eobd/obd2 reader will be fine. Your 2006 does not have a DPF they weren't fitted until later.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts