Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 EX-L that came with stock 17x7" wheels. I'd like to move to a larger wheel, preferably 19", to reduce the sidewall size and hopefully improve steering response and handling. I happen to like the Honda Performance 19x8" wheels (see picture below), but they have an offset of 55mm, vs. the stock offset of 45mm. This will pull the wheels in by 10mm. I haven't checked yet to see if there is sufficient clearance, or for the viability of using spacers to compensate for the difference in offset.

Any opinions on using these wheels on my 2015? Am I asking for trouble with the offset difference? Thanks in advance!

rim.jpg

·
Registered
73 Posts
I use 19x7.5j +50 offset 235/55r19 tires it works great feel the same with oem you my have some space left still I think when I check mine while I install it. but still try to test fit first to check specifically on the break part as well the inside wheel well

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I appreciate the feedback. I pulled one of the factory wheels off tonight. On the backside it is clearly stamped 17x7J 45. For those who've gone to 19" rims, have you noticed much improvement in steering response or handling?

It looks like Hyundai and Honda are using the same supplier and design for some of their rims.

·
Registered
73 Posts
for 19" steering is the same not heavy at all. acceleration is not bad (I used to have 22" on my 4th. gen) for breaking there is a little delay compare my 16" but again not bad compare for 22's... i notice when i did check the +50 offset with 235 tires still have clearance space but not much so i am not sure about +55 and much more wider tires but i think it will rub if more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts