Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the Canadian website and noticed that Honda Canada offers a 2" hitch option. does anyone have a pic?

Thanks

·
Registered
720 Posts
i've seen a few pics over at hondasuv.com

oem is around C$700+ i believe. you should just get aftermarket. may not be hidden like oem but they work just as good.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got quotes for U-Haul and Action Truck cap this week. Total under $400 for class III Curt, 4-flat wiring and taxes to haul a 8' tent trailer. Goes up if you are hauling more than that. This Curt is highly touted in this forum.

Honda dealer strongly suggested to go aftermarket (their price $717,plus wiring, plus labour).

I will post photos once I get the install done this Friday.

Cheers.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Got quotes for U-Haul and Action Truck cap this week. Total under $400 for class III Curt, 4-flat wiring and taxes to haul a 8' tent trailer. Goes up if you are hauling more than that. This Curt is highly touted in this forum.

Honda dealer strongly suggested to go aftermarket (their price $717,plus wiring, plus labour).

I will post photos once I get the install done this Friday.

Cheers.
if you can do it yourself, do it and save the money.
i got my curt for USD 140 shipped. after conversion, it's around C$150 i believe. wiring will cost your around USD 40 i think. so everything together shipped and after conversion, i would estimate C$200. install it yourself and you save a chunk of $$$.
takes anywhere between 30 mins to 1hr. max to install hitch alone.
wiring is probably another 30 mins. or so.

·
Registered
92 Posts
if you can do it yourself, do it and save the money.
i got my curt for USD 140 shipped. after conversion, it's around C$150 i believe. wiring will cost your around USD 40 i think. so everything together shipped and after conversion, i would estimate C$200. install it yourself and you save a chunk of $$$.
takes anywhere between 30 mins to 1hr. max to install hitch alone.
wiring is probably another 30 mins. or so.
hitch install is approx 1/2 hour - longer if you don't have help to hold it up or have trouble getting the muffler hanger off (spray it with WD40 first).
The harness will take longer - you need to remove interior panels to get to the connections in the back. Expect at least an hour and possibly more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts