Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I bought crv 2007 last year. Couple months ago all of the sudden the door locks started to malfunction. Anytime I try to unlock the car either with the remote or with a key after one second all doors lock back again. I searched this forum and I noticed there were some problems with actuator. Did replacement of door actuators actually help? or it turned out to be something else.

Thank You!

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,184 Posts
Does your interior light work?

Will the doors stay unlocked if you open another door?

suspecting an issue with the drivers door switch (perhaps damaged if the seat belt got caught).

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Yup. Also, if the switch has been damaged, it's an easy replace and cheap. If you want to solve the cause, wash your seat belt. When it gets dirty, and they all do, they become stiff and don't want to retract properly. There are some good YouTube videos on how to do this. When an actuator is bad, it is usually just one. On my '07 the right front one went out. $65 for the part, an hour to install. If it's all of them like you are describing, it is more likely the door dome light switch broken by the seat belt. Push it in. If it is stuck, or bent, or broken, just replace it, and then clean the belt.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank You for responding,

Interior lights work, door switch both passenger and driver intact. Is it possible that it is drivers door actuator? Btw it is all doors and trunk door also that behave the same way.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
There have been instances reported here where the driver's door actuator caused this type of issue. Something about the way the overall system is wired and the control module using sensing from that actuator for overall control, or similar. I highly recommend, if you want to fix this yourself, you get yourself a Honda factory service manual. It contains extensive troubleshooting for this and all systems. The system is very complex. I got my manual off eBay on disc for cheap, and it has paid for itself several times. Also, this is one of those issues where, if you take it to the stealership, they will dig deep into your wallet by replacing one component at a time until they run the bill up to a substantial amount. I've also seem many reports of this on here.

All that said, my best guess is you might have an issue with the master switch controls on your driver's door. You could try cleaning it (the contacts), and checking the wires and pin connectors. Also check the harness coming through the doorway for frayed insulation, and look for any corroded ground points.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts