Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2014 CRVEX without power seats and I wanted to know if there’s a way to install power seats all the wiring looks like it’s there except for the connection and the automatic button any ideas

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Looks like only the driver's seat has power adjustments in the 2014 EX-L models.
The driver's power seat frame lists for US $1,686, and there's a different wiring harness and the control buttons and panels to mount the buttons, all of which you'd have to buy. And it looks like the lumbar control is different which is an additional US $584.

And that's just the frame, which means you'd have to disassemble your seat and transfer the padding, seat covers, and armrest from the old seat.

I think I'd just make a soft humming noise while you're adjusting the seat. ;D

·
Registered
17 Posts
I know this is an older post. I'm getting ready to swap out my manual seat in my 2014 EX for a power seat. I did this on my 08 Odyssey (info posted in this DIY section), and, hopefully, I learned from the mistakes with that. I'll do ument the process as I go with my EX. Here's hoping it goes well! ;-)

·
Registered
2016 CR-V SE
65 Posts
I know this is an older post. I'm getting ready to swap out my manual seat in my 2014 EX for a power seat. I did this on my 08 Odyssey (info posted in this DIY section), and, hopefully, I learned from the mistakes with that. I'll do ument the process as I go with my EX. Here's hoping it goes well! ;-)
I want to do the same. Looking to swap out my cloth 2016 SE seats (both manual) to 2015 Gray leather which has electric driver's seat and heated seat.

What is involved? Do I just buy seats and harnesses and they plug/bolt right in? Can the harness from the donor vehicle be easily remove?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Now we're talking! This is serious and sweet improvement to be done for a CRV without power seats.

I've been planning this kind of change as well, but very rapidly hit the fact that I'd be dealing with airbags inside the seat if I'm right. Any tips/considerations regarding this?
That's one reason why I skipped this work already in quite early steps. Another is the prize of the seats...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Now we're talking! This is serious and sweet improvement to be done for a CRV without power seats.

I've been planning this kind of change as well, but very rapidly hit the fact that I'd be dealing with airbags inside the seat if I'm right. Any tips/considerations regarding this?
That's one reason why I skipped this work already in quite early steps. Another is the prize of the seats...
There is a plug under the seat specifically for the bags. As long as you follow the instructions about how to ensure the airbag won't go off, you're good. The other wiring will be the concern.

·
Registered
17 Posts
As far as price, a used parts dealer, like LKQ, carry them in the ballpark of $150 to $300, plus shipping. We have a local LKQ, so shipping is nil. Also, they cost less if you can find a good one in a self- serve yard. The benefit with this is that you can see and, possibly, get the needed wiring as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts