Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I know the CR-V just got 'officially' released (yesterday in fact).

Based on previous roll-outs of this and other vehicles, when do you think dealers will start to come down in price from sticker?

I'm looking at the Touring, btw, but I guess this would apply to all trims.

·
Registered
28 Posts
A "When" question yields "No." for an answer?

I'm in the MD suburbs of DC and seemingly all dealers are currently saying Full MSRP. There is a $500 Incetive for Military and that apparently would yield MSRP less $500.

I also would be interested in when typically dealers are moved to accept lower than MSRP?

·
Registered
6 Posts
A "When" question yields "No." for an answer?

I'm in the MD suburbs of DC and seemingly all dealers are currently saying Full MSRP. There is a $500 Incetive for Military and that apparently would yield MSRP less $500.

I also would be interested in when typically dealers are moved to accept lower than MSRP?
Not sure about the US, but in Canada, if you're an existing Honda/Acura Finance customer, you get a 1% reduction in the interest rate. Every bit helps. I'm hoping to get a 2017 Touring by the end of January.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm in Central CA (USA), and all dealers around here are also charging Full MSRP. I got a quote through a Car Pro Radio Show dealer for something like $100 (one hundred) off MSRP.

·
Registered
33 Posts
exl and below expect to pay full retail... crvs never go on sale.. and dont expect 0.9% to show up next year after rates go up

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here's the best reply I've gotten since I sent an email to about 8 dealers in my state. I'll be going to see them tomorrow.

Hello and good morning

I received your email regarding a 2017 Honda CR-V and thank you.

Here is the information that you requested.

2017 HONDA CR-V EX AWD

YOUR PRICE
(INCLUDES MUD GUARDS, ALL WEATHER MATS,
CARGO TRAY & LIFETIME POWER TRAIN WARRANTY) $27,688.00
SALES TAX (8.93%) $2,472.54
LICENSE $191.50
DOC FEE $150.00

TOTAL $30,502.04

ALL of our new Honda's come with a COMPLEMENTARY "LIFETIME" POWER TRAIN WARRANTY for as long as you own the vehicle and if we do not have the color or model in stock that you are looking for, we can usually get it that same day or next day worst case scenario at no extra charge to you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I received almost a $1900 discount off MSRP on my 2017 CRV Touring. I did order it in advance of release but had the option to switch to another vehicle if I did not like them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sadly, my best deal on a new vehicle was during a recession (2002 Highlander). Since 2017 will likely have a strong economy, 2017 may see strong demand for new vehicles.

On my county's web site, I can track month to month and year over year sales by manufacturer and by make & body type (SUV). I cannot see sales by exact models. I live in a heavily populated county which is growing in population. I will track this in 2017 to see where sales are by make & body type.

Based on forum member postings, MSRP vs discount varies by region.

Concern for raising interest rates in 2017 may motive buyers before the Fed does their expected 2+ increases in 2017.

For a variety of reasons, I am waiting until 2018 to purchase. I am way too frugal to pay MSRP. I don't need a vehicle, therefore, I have the luxury of waiting for 2018.

Good Luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
3 Posts
did get a 500 break from one, another said they would throw in some extras like wheel locks, extra trim, all season floor mats

·
Registered
4 Posts
My target for a lease is $350 a month on an EX--L I sent those figures to five dealerships. I expect I will start getting some action in late Spring when our lease is up on the wife's 14. That is my limit on a lease for a CRV. Over $400 and I start looking at GLAs to go with my SLK. MB have great leases

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have been offered discounts of 250 to 500 on MSRP (all Trims) in NJ. Waiting to see what happens in next week. Planning to bu next week.

·
Registered
69 Posts
We went in to try and buy one last Thursday. They actually had what we were looking for in the showroom. We made them an offer of $32,500 on a Touring AWD and we were about $1000 off as they cam back with a $1000 discount off of MSRP. They said they had someone else that called about that particular vehicle and were on their way in. Dealer was confident that they would buy the vehicle when they got there so they were not willing to discount any further. Rode by this morning and the vehicle is still sitting in the exact same place in the showroom. Maybe we will have better luck next week.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I should add that we are not in a huge hurry yet either as we would like to sell our current vehicle, which is a 2015 Accord EX-L V6, on our own as opposed to trading it in.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
11,372 Posts
Dealer was confident that they would buy the vehicle when they got there so they were not willing to discount any further. Rode by this morning and the vehicle is still sitting in the exact same place in the showroom.
Yeah, two can play that game.:mad:

You should offer $500 LESS next week! :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 99 Posts