Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all!
I need your suggestions!

But to tell you from the beginning first.
I am the owner of Honda cr-v touring 2017. The car I bought from Canada and i exported it to Republic of Moldova. Of course I wrote them from Honda Canada that I exported the car and if I have the possibility to keep the car warranty. They wrote:
"Regarding the distributor's warranty, it is important to note that all vehicles manufactured for the Canadian market are warranted in Canada, and likewise for vehicles manufactured for the European market. Further, Honda Canada is a separate corporate entity, with our own business practices. Any warranties offered on the vehicle at the time of purchase are only valid in the original country of manufacture, Canada.*However, it is important to note that any open Safety Recalls would be addressed by the local Honda dealerships, at no cost"

"Although the vehicle vehicle has been exported outside of Canada, we would still honor any Safety Recalls that may be applied to your VIN. As such, we suggest that from time to time you review the information on Canadian Safety Recalled vehicles by visiting the following web site with your VIN:*www.honda.ca/recalls"

Ok.

3 weeks ago, when honda announced the recall with oil dilution ( soft update and change a/c unit), i wrote them again to ask how I can to do it. Them they answered me the following:

"In response to your inquiry, we can confirm, as previously advised, that the 2017 Honda CR-V bearing vehicle identification number (VIN)*2HKR, has been exported from Canada and as such, only active Safety Recalls would be addressed. We can advise that your VIN confirms there are no active safety recalls affecting your vehicle. The Product Update you have located on our website would be related to vehicles owned and operated in Canada, and is not considered a Safety Recall. If you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle, we recommend you direct your inquiries to your closest Honda dealership. They have access to Honda resources to assist you, at your cost."

Now, since when it started to be very cold, my oil level is rising, my engine is not heating up and I don't have heat in the car...
I wrote them again and I am waiting for answer.

My question is:
do I have any legal right to honda to solve my problem and repair my car?

Отправлено с моего SM-N950F через Tapatalk

·
Registered
534 Posts
Wow! I guess only the US Gov is demanding the issue to be corrected? Perhaps call your local Trouble Shooter Reporter :(

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
bert794 - if you ship the vehicle back to Canada, then yes, Honda Canada will fix it for you. The national or regional Honda organization in Moldova may or may not help you, and contacting them would be the first place to start.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,785 Posts
Firstly, check your Vin against the recall list on the https://www.honda.ca/login USe whatever Canadian address you had if it wont accept Moldovia.

Honestly your local dealer probably wont have access to Honda Canada recall database to provide you with any updates. There is a thread on DIY updates but again is there a geographic restriction. Its possible.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bert794 - if you ship the vehicle back to Canada, then yes, Honda Canada will fix it for you. The national or regional Honda organization in Moldova may or may not help you, and contacting them would be the first place to start.
European Honda will do it only if Honda Canada order this to do..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Firstly, check your Vin against the recall list on the https://www.honda.ca/login USe whatever Canadian address you had if it wont accept Moldovia.

Honestly your local dealer probably wont have access to Honda Canada recall database to provide you with any updates. There is a thread on DIY updates but again is there a geographic restriction. Its possible.
I check it, my car is under recall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts