Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 CR-V EX-L w/ NAV
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car is 4.5 yrs old and at 55k mi. I purchased Honda Care ext. warr. for 6 yr./ 100k based on my driving at the time. Alas, covid put a damper on the miles driven in last 18 mos. My question is this, do I have an option to change/extend or otherwise change the terms on my warr.? Not sure if I cancelled and receive a refund, then apply to a newer warr of different terms. Any thoughts? Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 Touring Hybrid
812 Posts
So my car is 4.5 yrs old and at 55k mi. I purchased Honda Care ext. warr. for 6 yr./ 100k based on my driving at the time. Alas, covid put a damper on the miles driven in last 18 mos. My question is this, do I have an option to change/extend or otherwise change the terms on my warr.? Not sure if I cancelled and receive a refund, then apply to a newer warr of different terms. Any thoughts? Thanks.
As @Traylaw suggests, best to call and ask. Once the car is no longer considered new, the available plans (term/mileage) are different and the start date changes to date of plan purchase vs cars original in service date.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Best to call Honda. Maybe you'll have better luck than I did.
My experience: I have Honda Care (6 years / 120,00 miles) on a 2017 CRV EX. I called one of the big sellers of true Honda Care. Was told can't do, once I am beyond the initial 3 year / 36,000 miles. Reason: Honda doesn't upgrade the Honda Care package. They refund the old Honda Care package. Then, they issue a new longer one. Since I am beyond the initial warranty period, they will not issue a new Honda Care package of any length.
Tried calling Honda. Went through menu. Left voice mail. Never got called back.

·
Registered
21 CRV EX-L FWD
56 Posts
I think once you purchase a particular package that's it. You can probably find a after market warranty company

·
Registered
2017 CR-V EX-L w/ NAV
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you are probably right. I called Sean at Hyannis and he wasn't sure. He was gonna talk to Honda to see if there were any options to do this. Haven't heard back from him yet. Oh well, Maybe when my ext. warr runs out the next gen will be out and I can use this as an excuse to trade up ;).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts