Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may not be the right place to ad this post so please move if it isn’t..

Bought a used car,
I was thinking about adding genuine Honda Care extended warranty.
My local dealer only sells a third party brand. I looked at another dealer same thing! Would I just be better off trying to get one “on line” from a high volume dealer??
I realize all Honda dealers honor it.

Plan on doing my own routine maint.
Just worried about some of the high tech stuff going bad.
Car has just about 30,000 miles.
Thanks for your replies.

·
Registered
2022 CRV EX FWD 2013 CRV EX FWD
3,011 Posts
Call College Hills Honda and buy from them. You have until 36,000 miles to purchase Honda Care. I was looking into buying it on my Civic after I bought it out of the lease but I never did. They said I could purchase Honda Care as long as I didn't surpass 36k miles.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm a fan of HondaCare and I also have a policy on my 2015 Touring. I'm not very mechanically capable nor do I really have the space/tools etc to do some repairs. Beware some people on the forum will "beat you up" for wasting YOUR money on getting the policy. My opinion is it's YOUR money do what you want with it. I see my policy as extra insurance and if I never use it, then it's a good day.

Like the other poster said call College Hills, best prices and can all be done over the phone.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2016 CRV EX-L AWD
541 Posts
We've owned 4 hondas and never needed extended warrantee work. The only time we used factory warrantee was our last 08 CRV paint was bubbling at the tailgate and it was due to defective paint. Thats just my experience with our hondas. But we typically keep our cars only 7 to 8 years thou before swapping to a new model.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,069 Posts
Got mine from Sacucci Honda's. Great thing about Honda care, it's entered to your vin number so any dealer nationwide can see you are covered.
The people who get charged highest prices live in Florida where the state controls who can sell coverage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts