Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve seen a few posts about door locks, but none that have the same problem as me. So my key fob has never worked so I always used my key. Normally if I unlock my car with the key, it unlocks the drivers side and I can unlock the others with the switch. And when I’d lock the drivers side with the key, it’d lock all the doors. But now the switch inside only unlocks the driver door, and the key also only locks the driver door. Mechanically they all work fine, I can just pull them up with my hand, but I haven’t been able to find any info on the topic and I don’t want to just start replacing parts without an idea of what could be causing it. I checked my fuses and such to see if maybe it’s an electrical issue. nothing. Has anyone else encountered this issue? How’d you fix it?

·
1,947 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I have an '07, so I can't speak to your specific issue, but I have had a few such issues. I highly recommend you get yourself a copy of the Honda Factory Service Manual. It has extensive detailed step-by-step troubleshooting and repair on this as well as most everything else on the car. I got mine off eBay from this same seller. It is over 3,200 pages and has paid for itself easily. Here's a link:

1997 1999 2001 Honda CR-V Shop Service Repair Manual CD w/ ETM | eBay

Let us know how this turns out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts