Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HONDA CR-V 2006 2.2 CTDi Any tips for starter replacment?

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  UK-Kev 
#1 · (Edited)
now my Honda had run 417000 Km/259 112 Miles and time for new starter still works but some times it dont engades and just spins.. but pretty soild its lasted so long honda new mercedec benz!

HONDA CR-V 2006 2.2 CTDi Any tips for starter removal?

take off batteri, plastic on top over radiator, remove egr pipes. lose dipstick on top and thenpush it away>? it should be good to start the 2 starter bolts.. and good to get out ?i need to get it back like 30mm! or just do it from underneat?I havent looked so much on it.any tips or triks would be appreciated thanks cheers.

#3 · (Edited)
thanks for tips Kev but was not so easy as u may think,from under the car.

Had to use bought sides 1 bolt form underneath and rest on top so was not 30 min job hehe first pic from old starter.. maybe easyer on gen3 ;)

This dip stick it is just to pull out? after take out bolt in top. I was affreid of just rip it out Hard and break it. dipstick pipe was kinda stuck, had to use kinda much force to not so much movement. so i had to bend it littel to side to get starter out.
shall i just hang by an O-ring down in sump like many othere cars ? or is it screw in oilpan to?
or
Automotive tire Plant Gas Cylinder Auto part

Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Hood Light Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Bicycle part Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Car Automotive air manifold

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.