Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’m installing a wired backup camera in my CR-V and need your help on how to route the wire to the front of the vehicle to connect it to the head unit. If anybody has done it before I’d greatly appreciate your help, thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I installed Alpine iLX-107s in both my 2005 EX and 2008 EX-L. I also installed an Alpine backup camera in both.

In the 2005 I tucked the cable in under the headliner's edge along the driver's side and then went down under the front pillar trim.

On the 2008 I found it wasn't easy to tuck the cable under the headliner. The 2008's liner is much stiffer and fits into a groove along the top of the side trim panels. In the 2008 I went in through the rubber wiring grommet for the hatch, above the headliner in the driver's side corner and down to the stock wiring loom in the quarter panel, then followed the loom along the drivers' side door trim and then up the driver's side kick panel. In order to do that I removed the quarter panel trim, the trim along the bottom of the doors, the trim between the front and back doors, and the kick panel. I tried snaking and pulling the cable through the door trim panels but there were too many obstructions. It was much easier to remove the panels, plus that way I could zip tie the cable to the existing loom.

·
Registered
42 Posts
So what kind of camera did you go with? I bought an Alpine HCE-C1100 and Alpine license plate frame mount KTX-C10LP. For the wire I didn't want to make a hole in the body panel so I drilled a hole though the corner of the existing lens and sealed it up with silicone.

IMG_2018.jpg IMG_2025.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys, I am looking for some help with running a wire from a backup camera to the front (2007 CR-V), and it sounds like that's exactly what you did already.
I manged to put the wire through the rubber grommet on the hatch but not sure how to snake it through the quarter panel down to the driver side doors. I am guessing I need to remove the C-pillar panel? Does it come off by itself or do I need to remove the side panel below it first?
Any pointers, links or directions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
42 Posts
On my 2008 I found it much easier to remove panels rather than try and fish the cable through. To get the rear side window trim off you definitely have to remove the cargo trim piece. The good news is it's then a simple matter to zip tie the cable to the wiring harness. Also, although it looks like one could get a cable through the door sill panels, odds are really slim to none for getting through. For me it was much simpler to remove panels.

IMG_2096.jpeg IMG_2108.jpeg IMG_2101.jpeg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you very much @colo_artist, this is really helpful! Especially pictures, they reveal a lot of interesting details. I do see in one of them you have some printouts of what seems to be assembly diagrams. I am just curious if there is an on-line source where these diagrams are available at? Might come handy for this and future projects.
Thanks again, I really appreciate your taking the time to reply and post pictures.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts