Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All

I have a 3rd GEN CR-V, 2012 with Automatic transmission that came with the 6 cd-changer and USB in the glove box. I needed a bluetooth connection for phone, so i bought a HIZPO nav from aliexpress.

Installation is pretty smooth, one thing though - it didn't came with a plug for the OEM subwoofer, just a standard line out for SUB.
Anyone knows how can i connect the OEM sub to this ?

6LPBQRN4SkSIQp8mrQGLfA.jpg LroAMwtTQayswkngFjbixA.jpg Vje9%PuaTf20tPGSHMgw4w.jpg

Attachments

·
2,213 Posts
Very nice looking unit - does it work as good as it looks? You can try crutchfield.com and see if they have an adaptor cable or can make you one up. Or look on Amazon, or try your local car audio shop. Let us know how it turns out!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, works pretty decent. I have installed the GPS receiver and the mic next to the rearview mirror and it’s ok. For now i did not connect the rearview camera, i was kind of afraid to dismantle the whole boot.

I’ll have a look on crutchfield to see if i find something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2,213 Posts
One other question: Do these head units have wi-fi, and allow you to install android apps, like a tablet does?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes they do. They actually have Android os.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi! I have the same "problem" in my Dasaita head unit. Haven't tested this yet but it seems that all I need is to connect the original subwoofer signal to the subwoofer output, my unit only has one RCA plug for the sub. But it should work only with the +signal because the head unit has digital amplifier. It is easy to change the original cable to RCA plug, the oem cable has also ground around the +/-signals just like regular RCA cable. For some reason I can't post any links or pictures..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi! I have the same "problem" in my Dasaita head unit. Haven't tested this yet but it seems that all I need is to connect the original subwoofer signal to the subwoofer output, my unit only has one RCA plug for the sub. But it should work only with the +signal because the head unit has digital amplifier. It is easy to change the original cable to RCA plug, the oem cable has also ground around the +/-signals just like regular RCA cable. For some reason I can't post any links or pictures..
So, how did you connect it?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey, works pretty decent. I have installed the GPS receiver and the mic next to the rearview mirror and it’s ok. For now i did not connect the rearview camera, i was kind of afraid to dismantle the whole boot.

I’ll have a look on crutchfield to see if i find something.

Hey nice install. I am thinking of doing something similar.

How do you like the sound quality? How about the features and general use? What don't you like about it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I installed the same head unit from hizpo in my 11 crv, they do not connect to the manufacturers subwoofer. I went and bought a Kenwood unit and put it in the trunk. That worked for the time being. Then my friend bought me a 12" Blaupunkt subwoofer and Boss amp with box. It sounds way better than the factory sub. The only thing I dont like and was wondering if you knew was how to keep the clock from changing during savings time? and when connected to iphone through the usb adapter it turns on and off from radio to library so i just use the bluetooth.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts