Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I am not sure how many of you noticed this issue with Honda-CRV EX 2013. Today is the first freezing rain day and while I drove the vehicle from home to gym and was trying to park the vehicle in the parking lot. There is no acceleration and I kept my leg on the brake pedal but the vehicle moved continuously. The parking are is flat but the vehicle moved forward into grass area and I applied the brake heavily ( more pressure) then the vehicle stopped. This is unusual and is it related to the 2013 CRV recall due to automatic shift from parking position?. In fact, I took the vehicle to the dealer after receiving the recall notice and they rectified the problem as a precaution. Hope more snow and rain is on the way in northeast and I will test more to confirm this issue and share with you.
Happy holidays.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I have a 2013 but did not receive any recall notice. Do you know if it's just an EX thing? I would think it would be with all trim levels but perhaps certain production runs. I have about 4k miles on the car now and haven't had any issues.

·
Registered
460 Posts
That recall only involves the shift lever. It involves a small plastic piece that wont hold the lever into place in cold conditions (freezing) without hitting the brakes first. Basically shifting out of park without stepping on the brakes first.

Are you sure since it was freezing rain, the spot wasn't just icy? Also are your tires the Bridgestone duelers or Continental cross contact tires? People have started to complain about snow/ice traction and just curious which of the two tires you have on your CRV EX. What were your tire pressure?

I find the CRV brakes to be grabby so just curious if you locked them up, the anti lock brakes will not work if your speed is <5 MPH so you should not have felt pulsing I have not had the CRV roll forward while applying the brakes.

The parking brake on a hill the CRV does move just a little before it seems to lock into place..

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Thanks. I followed another link from the link you provided, put in my VIN and nothing came up in terms of any recalls. I'll ask my service dept at my next oil change. Haven't had any problems so far and it's been well below freezing the last few days.

http://owners.honda.com/service-maintenance/recalls

1 - 6 of 6 Posts