Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a new hybrid but can't seem to choose which one would make a better investment. Watched a video from Redline and still am conflicted. Tried finding a used 2019 RAV-4 Hybrid but it's practically non-existent.
I'm also open to other suggestions in the compact suv Hybrid segment as well!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Looking to get a new hybrid but can't seem to choose which one would make a better investment. Watched a video from Redline and still am conflicted. Tried finding a used 2019 RAV-4 Hybrid but it's practically non-existent.
Given the shortage of new cars being produced (due to parts shortages), people who have fairly recent cars are holding on to them longer than normal rather than pay higher than MSRP/Sticker prices which US dealers are asking for any attractive car in short supply. Cars are more reliable longer now too. Which may explain the shortage of recent used cars.

I see low priced lots around me with lots of very much older cars and trucks (ones dealers don't even want on their lots). I drive by 4 new car dealers daily and their lots are almost empty of both new and used cars. So they must not be taking in lots of lease returns or trades.

I have a '19 Rav4 hybrid. Good car. 17k miles but no impulse to sell it even though I've been offered more than I paid for it when it was new. I'd have to pay too much for the new car to replace it.

Good luck in your quest.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Accord EX 2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
3,741 Posts
I see low priced lots around me with lots of very much older cars and trucks (ones dealers don't even want on their lots). I drive by 4 new car dealers daily and their lots are almost empty of both new and used cars. So they must not be taking in lots of lease returns or trades.
That's what I see. The "No-Name" used lots that sell auction cars are pretty full, the Chevy dealership has like 6 used cars on the lot, and not too many more new ones.
Used late-model Hondas? Dream on.

Reactions: Hackney

·
Registered
59 Posts
Good luck getting a RAV hybrid,the wait in Australia is up to 6-8 months(even longer)production has been severely cut in Japan.Unfortunately we do not get the Hybrid CRV.

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
7,573 Posts

You really ought to be using threads you started earlier....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.