Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious about any upgrades or products for the 2018 LX that could be done DIY or any worth a professional upgrade.
—Radio headunit (with touchscreen or Apple CarPlay)
—Remote Start/Keyless Entry (maybe with phone app capabilities)
—automatic rear door lift

Any suggestions? I know we maybe should have gone with the EX but as it is, it’s all said and done and I’d love to just hear any suggestions that I could apply to the LX if I go that direction

·
Registered
865 Posts
-Radio unit, check crutchfield.com
-remote start, also crutchfield but probably pro needed
-rear lift, go to collegehillshonda.com, find the accessory package and read instructions. If nothing else, you can buy it cheaper there and have a local dealer install if the instructions seem intense

I'm assuming you're in the USA... Good luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
-Radio unit, check crutchfield.com
-remote start, also crutchfield but probably pro needed
-rear lift, go to collegehillshonda.com, find the accessory package and read instructions. If nothing else, you can buy it cheaper there and have a local dealer install if the instructions seem intense

I'm assuming you're in the USA... Good luck!
Thank you! I am in the US. I figured radio I could probably handle but remote start I’d get someone to do. The rear gate isn’t necessary but if I could get that done at some point it would be nice.

·
Registered
197 Posts
It is nearly impossible to add a powered tailgate to your vehicle.
The powered tailgate accessories are to:
  • add hand-free sensing to a CRV already equipped with a power tailgate
  • relocate the hands-free sensor when adding a trailer hitch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw a YouTube video once of someone adding one so I wasn’t sure haha. Definitely not a dealbreaker.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Good call, I saw them on AliExpress. Definitely not OEM. But it does seem possible.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
121 Posts
I added hands free power liftgate to my 2017 LX. It's not easy since u need to take off a ton of interior panels to run wires but is definitely not impossible. It was my first attempt at modifying my car too so it's doable for the diyer with a few basic tools. I did a write up about it here:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes! yours was the one i saw - honestly i want to do it but i really just dont think it's in my wheelhouse right now.

I added hands free power liftgate to my 2017 LX. It's not easy since u need to take off a ton of interior panels to run wires but is definitely not impossible. It was my first attempt at modifying my car too so it's doable for the diyer with a few basic tools. I did a write up about it here:

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
1,475 Posts
Curious about any upgrades or products for the 2018 LX that could be done DIY or any worth a professional upgrade.
—Radio headunit (with touchscreen or Apple CarPlay)
—Remote Start/Keyless Entry (maybe with phone app capabilities)
—automatic rear door lift

Any suggestions? I know we maybe should have gone with the EX but as it is, it’s all said and done and I’d love to just hear any suggestions that I could apply to the LX if I go that direction
On the accords if you buy an ex and up fob and program it automatically gives u auto start.
Doubt the same holds true for the crv BUT if you wanna be the guinea pig.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On the accords if you buy an ex and up fob and program it automatically gives u auto start.
Doubt the same holds true for the crv BUT if you wanna be the guinea pig.....
yes i saw this recently. what i read is that it wouldn't work for the crv lx because it isn't push to start.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts