Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a CR-V 2.2 Diesel and would like to take it off road, what is it capable of doing? Any one know any roads or areas i could take it in Surrey or surrounding area?

Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
Off Road in your CRV

Check out the "off the beaten path" fourm under the "activities" section for pictures, comments and advise on Off roading in your CRV

·
Registered
841 Posts
Sorry can't help with Surrey HeHe;) . I can tell you a little about a CR-Vs off road capabilities. It will surprise you as it does most people. The biggest problem is the lack of a low range so it certainly will not rock crawl. In moderate off-roading, however, the RT4WD system is quick to engage and quite effective because of the CR-V's weight distribution. A big advantage in slippery going is the fact that a V is basically a FWD vehicle. It tries to go where the front wheels are pointed regardless of whether it is in 4WD or not. A V has reasonable ground clearance and pretty good approach and departure angles for a vehicle of its type. The critical part of that last sentence is "for a vehicle of its type". I try to think of my V as a 2WD on steroids and that usually keeps me out of trouble. I still carry a reasonable complement of emergency tools, however. A tow strap and rigging, a folding shovel and cable type tire chains are always in the back. I also carry a high lift jack with wheel hooks. It doubles as a come-a-long if needed. The best protection against long walks, however, is another vehicle going with you. How could I forget good rubber. It can make a huge difference. Having said all that, try checking out YouTube for some good videos of CR-Vs in the weeds. Also take a look at the forum's "Off The Beaten Path" section, as Parkworker has also suggested. Best of luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts