Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
For me it was:

1) interior space, comfort, and design (which the gen5 CRV is a winner even against prior gen CRVs)

2) Cargo capacity, and flat floor from front to back if needed. (Again, Gen5 CRV is the winner).

3) Economics.... best price points for trim levels, fuel economy, strong resale value.. even 10 years down the road. (Honda simply does this all better then the competition in the compact SUV segment).
Agree, if space is your main "must have" the CR-V is on top. You made the right choice for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Over 70% more torque (189 vs. 310 ft lbs). The extra 312 lbs of weight does not come close to negating that.

If you actually watch the video, you will see that the main reason the CR-V came out on top, was due to them placing priorities on needing more interior and storage space. Something a lot of people put value in.

They didn't talk about it, but the CR-V's MSRP is almost exactly $4k less than the other 2. It's kind of odd, since they mentioned the cap being $38k at the beginning. I could see that pushing it over the top here, as well.

Here's my take on the 3 top boxes each check in the class:

CR-V Touring - Fuel mileage, rear seat/cargo space and resale value.

CX-5 Signature - Performance/driving dynamics, interior quality and exterior looks.

Rav4 Adventure - Dependability, off road-ability and has a pano roof.

I would be interested to hear what others on the forum think the top 3 check boxes each vehicle ticks.

Definitely interior space. I am 6'2, which is not even that super tall, but after adjusting drivers seat to my position on CX-5, there was almost not space on the seat behind me. In CR-V, the leg room on back seats is just unbelievable, feels like much larger car inside

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Definitely interior space. I am 6'2, which is not even that super tall, but after adjusting drivers seat to my position on CX-5, there was almost not space on the seat behind me. In CR-V, the leg room on back seats is just unbelievable, feels like much larger car inside
Yeah, I'm 6'4". Seat is all the way back, but it does have more room that the Q5 we looked at. However, the Q5 seat was the best and most comfortable I've ever sat in. Also, the Q5 seat back was an inch from the rear seat. In the CX-5, there's at least 5", not that we really care. :)

I will say that the time I spent testing the CR-V, the driver's seat was quite comfortable. We were coming from a 2010 EX-L, which was horrible for me to drive. My wife can fit in a Miata, so she never has any issue with the seat not going back far enough.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Honda CR-V vs. Mazda CX-5 vs. Toyota RAV4: 2019 Compact-SUV Comparison Test
Edmunds

Nice review.. comments are brutal though - everyone saying to stay away from Honda 1.5turbo and to pick Toyota or Mazda

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
What about the Forester?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts