Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Just bought a 2.2 Honda Black. 9 months old and 15k miles. It broke down on my first trip - slowed right up and then went into 2,000 rpm max and no turbo mode. Honda UK flashed the ECU and could not find any warning. Second time out it did it again. 60 miles on a motorway at 60 mph. Honda have now had it back for a week, replaced some turbo bits but admit it "has issues". I take that to mean it broke down on them. So the question is do I take it back when fixed or do I say cash back time Honda UK? Is this a common fault? Will it recur? I have had Mondeo's for 13 years and NEVER been let down on the road. HELP!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I would contact Honda UK directly and explain the situation. I Googled Honda UK and got the address and a number but could link it for aome reason to here.

Heres the number I found anyways. +44 845 200 8000

Here in the US, we have "lemon laws" in many states. A dealer will take a new car back if it is seen for the same problem atleast 3 times. You may have something similar there.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Sounds to me like they sold you a "lemon" !! I'd be all over Honda UK every day until they bought it back !!! I always wonder when I see a "new" car on a lot with low mileage why it's there ?? What made the previous owner trade it in with so few miles and little age ?? Craig

1 - 3 of 3 Posts