Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Am new to the forum. Am hoping someone can give me a few pointers on issues am having with my Honda CRV 1998 RD1 model. Firstly, the vehicle starts up OK. I recently changed out the spark plugs, distributor cap and ignition coil and all looks good here. Once the car is started, it revs up to 1000 rpm and holds which sounds OK. When I press on the gas pedal though, the engine loses power but picks up soon after. After some internet research, decided to check my IAC valve. Issue is I can only see the electrical connection to the valve I don't see any other tubes to the IAC. I hadn't noticed this before so am not sure if its always been this way or not. Can the car run right without the IAC? Car's been running for a number of years without any issues until recently.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
If those tubes dont exist then yours doesnt have it or are bypassed. They are for coolant to warm the air iirc. The issue if there is one is air flow internally, try spraying brake cleaner through it.

Now if this issue just started after changing those things, did you loosen or remove the distributor itself?
Also check for damaged or disconnected rubber hose hoses near the areas your working. Spray brake cleaner all over the intake and anywhere you see small rubber hoses while the engine is running. Youll know if you find a leak as anytime brake cleaner is sprayed in the area the engine will change rpm or start to stumble.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts