Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced a cracked air intake hose. After this the engine check light came on and car rpms varied from high in park to very low in drive. I cleaned the throttle and still problem.
Honda dealer in Mexico says new throttle body cost 2000 us. Can this be a simpler problem?

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
do you have an OEM radio? If so, be sure you have the code. Take out the negative battery terminal for 10 minutes then reconnect then start the engine see if this fixes your problem.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Do ‘05s have a MAF sensor in the intake tube (just after the air filter box). If so, check the connector and use some MAF cleaner/spray on the sensor itself.

·
Premium Member
2005 and 2006 EX AWD
448 Posts
only thing I can think of is air bypass is stuck open or broken it can be bypassed especially in warm weather,it lets more air in below 160F coolant temp,but still shouldnt be causing a low in gear idle thats weird,is there a check engine light on any codes,in 05 when they went to throttle by wire that eliminated the IAC ,how are you doing the idle relearn? but if the air bypass is stuck open it could be messing up the relearn I guess

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts