Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I've had a couple of issues with my crv lately. Recently the check engine light came on when I was driving along, it really struggled to get going but once it was above 20kph seemed fine, took it to the dealer who said it was error code p2138.
They said this was a throttle body problem would be about $2700 (Australian dollars) to replace. Due to the cost they cleared the error as it seemed to be running fine now to see how it goes if the error comes back would need to be replaced.
Just had the car serviced yesterday and now was driving along with 4 passengers and luggage with cruise control on at 110kph and the car just switched itself off. Pulled over and it started back up fine, no check engine light or anything. Just wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts if this was the same problem or another problem.
Cheers

·
Registered
121 Posts
That CEL code Points to the Accelerator Pedal Position sensor needing to be replaced. It should be on the pass side of the firewall, you will see a cable going into it. not too difficult to change.

Cheers
Zaze

1 - 2 of 2 Posts