1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a Honda CRV YOM 2013 JDM model
Clocked 25k kms in mileage.

As of the last 4 - 5 months I've faced a misfire upon start up (which occured randomly, unable to replicate)

misfire = when I press the brake and push the START button, the engine fails to fire up and within about 1 second, it re-tries and fires up.
As of this week, this has gotten worse and the engine tries several cycles to start the engine and it fails to start up... unless I power it off and I retry.

A video of the behaviour is attached.

I have done a tune up using ultrasonic bath cleaning for the injectors and have cleaned the throttle body and have done a TPS calibration as well.

Please let me know what could be the possible issue? Please refer attached video for what happens.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
No one can view your video, it's PRIVATE.

·
Registered
137 Posts
What is the YOM? Our 2012-2013 CRVs don't have "START" button.

Hey guys,

I have a Honda CRV YOM 2013 JDM model
Clocked 25k kms in mileage.

As of the last 4 - 5 months I've faced a misfire upon start up (which occured randomly, unable to replicate)

misfire = when I press the brake and push the START button, the engine fails to fire up and within about 1 second, it re-tries and fires up.
As of this week, this has gotten worse and the engine tries several cycles to start the engine and it fails to start up... unless I power it off and I retry.

A video of the behaviour is attached.

I have done a tune up using ultrasonic bath cleaning for the injectors and have cleaned the throttle body and have done a TPS calibration as well.

Please let me know what could be the possible issue? Please refer attached video for what happens.

·
Super Moderator
3,194 Posts
Before you go any deeper, let's start with basics by testing the health of the battery and then Alternator.
Honda batteries in the US start failing after three years.
Please test these two items. Funny things tend to happen when the battery is dying.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This jus gets better... last night it gave up on me and just wouldn't crank. Tried jump starting... but nothing... so its not the battery.... i dont hear the starter motor trying to start the engine. The longer i hold the start button i hear a hum but nothing....jeez :(

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Do you have another Honda Vehicle that has the same battery then try to start it. Try it with the shifter in Neutral. Let us know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It sounds like you need to get it to the dealership and get it looked at.
Just got word that it was the starter motor. Looks like im busting few hundred bucks replacing it... sucks to understand the quality of Honda parts... its just been 3 years from Manufacture and this burns...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Out of warranty? Surely not yet!
I'm from Sri Lanka, and in this part of the world warranty only covers engine and gear box for 2 years or 100,000km whichever is first. Seems like this is a prob with latest Hondas, found the attached video...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts