Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening everyone, I am writing to you because I have a Honda CRV 2016, model CR V EXL 4X4 CVT 2.4 and over 100 km/h it starts to lose stability, 110 km/h and over it feels super unstable and insecure.

I have had several cars, all in the full version of the model (Nissan qashqai 2013, Nissan murano 2013, Audi Q7 2015. In none of them i felt the sensation of loss of stability. It is worth mentioning that the Honda CRV was bought new in the automotive.

The other problem I have is that the CRV feels super light, the feeling of safety and a solid ride is much greater in the Qashqai (actually i have the qashqah and Honda).

And the last thing is that the CRV have so much road noise, with the windows and sunroof closed obviously.

Of all that I have just mentioned, what worries me the most is stability; Any recommendation? Does anyone have the same problem with their CRV?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
My 2014 CR-V EX 2.4 is very stable at 70 mph, which is about the same as 110 km/h.

I would start with checking the air pressure in all of your tires, and possibly rotating them to see if that helps.

·
Registered
2016 CRV EX-L AWD
616 Posts
That is not normal. My 16 CRV is very stable at that speed. It may not be as quiet as my 2013 venza but still pretty good.i wonder if your tires are out of balance and or you may need to get an alignment done.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I have the same car as you do and it is stable regardless of speed. The car is quieter than the 2011 Kia Optima I had but louder than the Towncar I had. "Station wagon" designs and hatchbacks tend to be louder than sedans.

·
Registered
'18 CR-V Ex-L AWD & '13 CR-V Ex-L AWD
1,643 Posts
O.P. So, this just happened after how many miles and days of ownership? Provide a better description of this lack of stability.

I owned a '15 for 3 years and it hugged the road in a solid feel in all sorts of situations. Road and window noise was minimal and acceptable. One of the best of any vehicles I have owned.

·
Registered
183 Posts
We've had ours at all speeds up to 90 mph and it's stable as a rock. If your tire pressure is good, then have the alignment checked by a specialty shop, not the dealer. The dealer uses a very wide range of alignment numbers, whereas a shop will get exact (or as close as possible) numbers from side to side.

·
Registered
206 Posts
We've had ours at all speeds up to 90 mph and it's stable as a rock. If your tire pressure is good, then have the alignment checked by a specialty shop, not the dealer. The dealer uses a very wide range of alignment numbers, whereas a shop will get exact (or as close as possible) numbers from side to side.
VSA Neutral Position Memorization and Steering Angle Neutral Position Sensor Memorization must be done when changing the alignment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
O.P. So, this just happened after how many miles and days of ownership? Provide a better description of this lack of stability.

I owned a '15 for 3 years and it hugged the road in a solid feel in all sorts of situations. Road and window noise was minimal and acceptable. One of the best of any vehicles I have owned.
I do own it since like 8 months or so and it has 36.000 km.
I do use 33 PSI for all of the tires

·
Registered
70 Posts
I do own it since like 8 months or so and it has 36.000 km.
I do use 33 PSI for all of the tires
Everyone is going to have a different opinion of being stable. I can tell you my 2015 touring feels pretty solid at high speed of 100 mph on smooth paved surface. I don't recommend driving at those speed unless it's legal. It's a SUV and i'm happy enough with it's handling on spirited drives.You should inspect the tires, rims, and suspension for any damages or uneven wear on the tires. Maybe also get the alignment check if it's pulling.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD sold
4,140 Posts
Just so people know, the Quashai (?) is a version of the Nissan Rogue in the US. OP is in Chile.
One thing I'll share as a driver of five different vehicles is that every one feels different. You adapt to each one. When you bounce between cars it takes time to adjust your inputs to create a smoother driving experience for you and the passengers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.