Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Canada (Montreal):

3-4 days ago I had my service done for the oil dilution. Yesterday when I had my fan on high, I heard a semi-high pitching sound. I decreased the speed and the pitching sound was gone. However as soon as I would increase it back to max, the pitching sound was there again! I'm expecting this to be a consequence of the changes made because of the oil dilution, because only after the changes that this issue popped out.

Additionally, I have been hearing a clanking sound from the passenger side (front right, basically where the strut top mount is). After a lot of research e.g. reading on honda forums and looking through similar experiences from other honda consumers, I am expecting the cause to be because of the strut top mount, a plastic cap not well isolated that hardens during cold temperatures and creates the clanking sound.

Anybody with similar issues?

·
Registered
8 Posts
It is possible as they are touching the A/C control unit. I think you should go back to the dealer and let them know this right away. Even Honda is saying this as emission issue rather than dilution issue. This

I am not concerned of taking my car for this s/w update and A/C control unit change.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts