Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Honda CRV 2019 2.4L CVT Touring
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is from my observations and experience in the quality of the door trims on Honda CRV's. I previously owned a Honda CRV 2009 and it was with me for 11 years. I found that the interior door trims - plastic was very solid and never got scratched even once during my ownership as it was always left bare without any stickers/protective covers applied.
Now that I purchased a new Honda CRV 2019 model I have found a huge difference in the quality of the interior door trims - lower part. Within one week of ownership, the driver's side interior trim got a scuff mark from my shoe which indicates that it doesn't contain a rigid high-quality material and is hence very prone to get scratched easily.
Now I feel that the best solution for this would be to install an anti-kick protector cover for all door trims of the vehicle. Should I purchase these as I have read some reviews from other customers who purchased it has several benefits. Firstly, it would protect the door trims from accidental foot marks/scratches. It is waterproof and any marks/dirt stains could be easily wiped off with a towel. On top, it is easily removable as it's basically a textile-based fabric in sticker form which is non-sticky when removed so no stains would remain as residue.
* I have attached the product photos with sample photos of another customer's vehicle after installation of the anti-kick protector cover. Please advise me on a solution to the subject issue.

Attachments

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,780 Posts
Within one week of ownership, the driver's side interior trim got a scuff mark from my shoe which indicates that it doesn't contain a rigid high-quality material and is hence very prone to get scratched easily.
Can you explain how the interior trim is to blame, when by your own admission, YOU scuffed the door?

We dont know how hard, what you were wearing, the angle of the door, the pressure(s) exerted - so many factors - and yet you blame the materials?

Even the most robust plastics can be scuffed and damaged if struck hard enough. Sounds to me like you need to be more careful on entry/exit to your car. The only fault I see here is not the material - its you. You scuffed the panels, not the other way around.

Reactions: BoostedV

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
3,681 Posts
Can you explain how the interior trim is to blame, when by your own admission, YOU scuffed the door?

With all due respect the poster DID explain. He was comparing apparently the exact same activity (exiting the car) and how the result was different in his prior CRV form the current generation. I don't think he changed the way he gets out of the car.

With that said, I have had some cars that would get scuffed bottom door panels while others did not. Perhaps the shape of the lower door panel is different? It's possible the storage space is larger on the current car vs the previous and intrudes more on his movement as he exits the car?

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,027 Posts
Yes plastics change in life so yes it will scratch like that. even on my other companies car, go figure. get leather it will mark.

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,780 Posts
With all due respect the poster DID explain. He was comparing apparently the exact same activity (exiting the car) and how the result was different in his prior CRV form the current generation. I don't think he changed the way he gets out of the car.
Likewise, with all due respect, that wasnt what I asked the OP.

I asked if he could explain how the interior trim is to blame, when by his own admission he impacted it. We have no reference point as to how he exited his last CR-V or how hard he did/not impact the trim on that car in comparison to this one.

Simply blaming the trim on the new CR-V is not a qualification.

Substantiation to the claim is required. I saw and still see no evidence of that in the opening post. We werent there, so we have no way of knowing whether his shoe simply abraised the door, pushed the door, scuffed it on entry or whether he did a drop-kick on it.

🤷‍♂️

1 - 5 of 5 Posts