Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear all
I have a Honda CRV 2020 Black Edition
Do you guys know where I can turn ON/OFF beep sound when park my car? Mine only beeps when there is another vehicle approach on the side,No beep when it gets close to the fence or the car behind. I cant find it on User Manual Guide.
There is no Parking Button on the driver knee side.

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,593 Posts
What you describe here sounds like the "cross traffic alert". It is triggered by a vehicle moving in close proximity to the back of your CRV.... NOT your vehicle movement.

I'm not sure if you can disable that alert or not, but check your owners manual and look for a setting via the Head Units vehicle settings menu for that feature.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,202 Posts
Cross Traffic Monitor can be turned off via the touchscreen/infotainment when the car is in engaged in reverse mode.

Cant remember the exact button, but I think theres a small triangular one there which you press and it switches the CTM off.

(Also, silly Q, but does your car have parking sensors?? Im sure it does, would be very surprised if it didnt. No Black Edition here, so no idea where your park sensor button is in the cabin if its not down by your knee near the lower dashboard).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What you describe here sounds like the "cross traffic alert". It is triggered by a vehicle moving in close proximity to the back of your CRV.... NOT your vehicle movement.

I'm not sure if you can disable that alert or not, but check your owners manual and look for a setting via the Head Units vehicle settings menu for that feature.
Exactly, it is Cross Traffic Alert. I am ok with it but just trying to turn ON the Parking Alert Sound when I do back up . It seems like Black Edition does not have this basic fearture

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,203 Posts
Exactly, it is Cross Traffic Alert. I am ok with it but just trying to turn ON the Parking Alert Sound when I do back up . It seems like Black Edition does not have this basic fearture
Look closely at the rear bumper for small circles perhaps four of them just bigger than a pencil eraser, spaced out evenly across the bumper, Left to Right.. These are the "rear parking sensors". They are not available as a factory installed option in the US, except on the new Hybrid model. They may be available in Canada.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,593 Posts
Maybe I am remembering incorrectly, but I thought the cross traffic alert was only active when you had the vehicle in reverse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts