Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took my 2008 Honda CRV 2008 in for repairs on my door actuators for the front passenger and the rear passenger doors. At one point 3 doors either permanently locked or did not lock at all. The rear hatch would not open either.

I contacted the local dealership and found out there was a recall for the drivers door actuator. The dealership reset that door and this appeared to fix all the problems, but the next day the rear door would not lock once again.

The dealership did a diagnostic test ($132.00) and said the 2 rear door actuators needed replacing but the dealer would not cover the repairs on these 2 doors. I spent $811.00 for diagnostics, repair, and labour.... and thedealer told me to that the 3rd door plus the hatch could have further issues and that means the possibility of another 800 in repairs.

I researched online and it appears that this is an ongoing problem with Honda CRV's having lots of issues with these door actuators. A class action suit was filed in the US and those clients won and Honda US repaid the clients for their repair expenses.

Has anyone else had this issue? Did the dealer cover the costs?

I love my CRV and I am disappointed about this issue...

·
Registered
217 Posts
On our 08 CRV, we replaced the rear pass side 2 years ago and last year replaced the rear driver side actuators. Both times costed about $350CAD to fix. The dealer wont cover it and there is no recalls on it in Canada. Before we traded in the 08 CRV, the front driver side was starting to get sticky and makes that squeeky sound. Its a matter of time before the other door actuators will need replacement. S we just traded it in. We had a 02 civic for 12 years and never had any problems. So this was disappionting.

·
Registered
74 Posts
What 'section' are you recommending?
Maint and Service seems fairly appropriate.
Recalls, ?
Curious.
Buffalo4
I agree.

I hope you get this problem sorted out and what a nightmare for you. What is it with Honda that this door actuator problem has persisted for years with CR-V's? Both our two 1998 V's door actuators have gone south long ago.

I've tried most of the fixes with no success and have just resigned to locking and unlocking the doors the old fashion way...manually.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts