Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now you have to wonder when this is coming for the 2015 and onward as many of us experience the same issue.

CARS.COM — Vehicles affected by service bulletin:
2012 Honda CR-V
2013 Honda CR-V
2014 Honda CR-V

All-wheel-drive models.

The problem: Drivers may note a vibration at highway speeds due to the driveshaft and rear dampening support system not adequately absorbing the vehicle's vibration.

See More Service Bulletins

Corrective action: Dealers will replace the rear differential mounts and driveshaft.

Warranty info: This service bulletin is being performed free of charge under the new-vehicle, extended or powertrain warranty, whichever applies.

What owners should do: Call your local dealer with your vehicle's identification number to determine if it's involved in this service bulletin. You can also call Honda at 800-999-1009 or NHTSA at 888-327-4236. Reference TSB No. 15-076.

Read more at https://www.cars.com/articles/2012-1...prumES773ho.99

·
Registered
714 Posts
This has been a thorn in my side for months. Thanks for posting this. I called Honda and was able to squeeze in a time for this afternoon. Then got a call to reschedule for Tuesday.

I have about a 25 mile commute on fairly smooth roads. There are times when I pass over a slightly rough area, the car resonates. Scary, hopefully this will fix it.

Will post again once the work is done. The link posted above got mangled. Here it is: https://www.cars.com/articles/2012-14-honda-cr-v-vibration-issue-1420683224454/

Don

·
Registered
714 Posts
I was not able to replicate the problem for the Honda tech.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone else successful in having this issue fixed?

I've just bought a 2014 CRV and have noticed on the highway that there is a vibration. Thought maybe it was a tyre balance issue but the dealership rebalanced all the tyres when they took the car back from lease before selling it to me....
I'm taking it in tonight to have the transmission shutter fixed (TSB 15-086). I'll ask them about this one when i go.
I can't find a copy the bulletin online though. I can find 15-086, but not 14-076...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry for the thread necro, but wanted to provide some information for anyone else looking into this. I just dropped my 2013 off for the dealer to check for 15-076. They called back to say that is the problem, but it is only covered under the 3 year/36,000 mile warranty and would cost $3,000 to fix....I called Honda Care, since we have a certified used CR-V, and the power train warranty is still in effect. The lady I spoke with there said it should be covered, and to have the dealership call Honda Care. I'm waiting to hear back now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts