Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda CRV 2.2 cdti 2010

Hi all, After reading up on this subject I have found that a lot of people have the same issue. My parking sensors are working but I cant here the buzzer!
My wife says she can her it faintly when engine is off but not when running. I was wondering if there was anybody out there that knows the location of the buzzer/speaker so that I could fix/replace it.
Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
120 Posts
Honda CRV 2.2 cdti 2010

Hi all, After reading up on this subject I have found that a lot of people have the same issue. My parking sensors are working but I cant here the buzzer!
My wife says she can her it faintly when engine is off but not when running. I was wondering if there was anybody out there that knows the location of the buzzer/speaker so that I could fix/replace it.
Any help would be appreciated
I watched a video on you tube which was by a mechanic,he said that the only fault you will get with the sensors is water
infilltration which is cured by spraying with WD40.He said he had never seen a faulty sensor that could not be cured this way,so you are right to suspect the buzzer.I don't wish to insult you,but it is switch on,the switch is very near the ignition
switch and my daughter switch mine off,I think by accident.It took me a while to realise.The only mention of the parking
sensors is in the CRV owner's manual page 302 it calls it a beeper,I thought maybe it was in with the satnav but could find no mention of it.In the faults for satnav it said it would switch off the speakers,when the driver uses voice control,don't know
if any of this will help,but I did try.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I watched a video on you tube which was by a mechanic,he said that the only fault you will get with the sensors is water
infilltration which is cured by spraying with WD40.He said he had never seen a faulty sensor that could not be cured this way,so you are right to suspect the buzzer.I don't wish to insult you,but it is switch on,the switch is very near the ignition
switch and my daughter switch mine off,I think by accident.It took me a while to realise.The only mention of the parking
sensors is in the CRV owner's manual page 302 it calls it a beeper,I thought maybe it was in with the satnav but could find no mention of it.In the faults for satnav it said it would switch off the speakers,when the driver uses voice control,don't know
if any of this will help,but I did try.
Thanks for the reply Paul. I am aware of the disable switch on the dash and this is all in order. My beeper is actually working but not very loud. My wife can only just hear it but I can't so the idea was to remove it and replace it with a louder one if it can't be repaired. My only issue is I don't know where it is located

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've tried to find some information on your problem,but can't,I've got a haines manual 2002-2006.It's ok for the engine,but does not show any reversing sensors even on the circuit diag's.I've also got a 2007-2011 WSM on disc for USA which means it's 2.4 engine with auto gearbox,don't think US worry mouch about parking.As you say your wife can hear the beeper and on the disc I found a page full of systems with on/off for each system.Did not find one for reverse parking,but
wondered if it could be switched off in the software.On Ebay you can get an OBD2 maxi Scan MS309 for £8.80,even if it
doesn't solve your problem it will save you money in the long run as they work on all cars,even when you go to buy one.
Other wise if you go to a dealer they will charge £50 to plug in their computer,operated by a grease monkey,not Ed China.
Good Luck.you can't do any worse than someone else throwing parts at it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts