Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Honda CRV Problems

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Carbuff2 
#1 · (Edited)
This may be long, but the details may help in understanding what has gone wrong.
A few months ago our CRV started making a weird sound; it was low and sounded like a belt (I’m not great with cars and this is my guess). We took the car in to the mechanic because we knew we would be making a trip in the vehicle and wanted to get the problem fixed before hand. They couldn’t figure the issue out. Later, the car sometimes would seem to have problems getting from lower gears to higher gears. This happened very infrequently to the point where I can’t remember the last time it happened (again, may be completely unrelated but I want to include all of the details) low cost color copies online near me .
So we take the trip from Utah to California. While driving through a hot desert part of California, and going up hill, the ac goes out. As soon as we reach the top of the hill, the ac starts working again. This happens until we get to our destination.
On the way home, the same thing happens once we get to the desert and start driving up hills. Eventually, the ac goes out and doesn’t come back on the rest of the trip.
We finally get on the off ramp for our city, and the engine dies, the power steering goes out, and the battery light turns on. I am able to get the car to start and hit the gas and the car is able to run, but the power steering is completely out. I get the car home, and pop the hood to find something smells like burning, and there is fluid leaking out the bottom of the car.
I am going to take it in to a mechanic, but I’m wanting to have an idea of what it could be before I go in. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.