Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There must be a reason why Honda treats it's customers the way it's often portrayed on this Forum. This may be incredibly naive on my part, but common sense tells you that this is counterproductive to sound business practices. As the great (not really) Jesse Ventura said early and often "follow the money" - perhaps the only thing that made sense in his 6 year term as Governor of the great state of MN !! Is it all about the money, maybe preferential treatment from the factory on delivery dates, special pricing etc etc !! There has to be a valid reason for denying warranty work that a customer has a right to expect. I'm thinking if they allow too much, the factory penalizes them so they all play a numbers game expecting to lose a certain percentage of the customers and that's just how it goes evidently. I've heard that techs get less than the flat rate for warranty - no clue if it's true or not. It's a head scratcher - I guess I'm just not very smart or street savvy. Please educate me. Craig

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I believe the results you read here are from a minority of owners. Certainly it happens sometimes but the vast majority of owners are satisfied with their dealers service. Just think how many owners there are and the few that have complaints.

I am one of those seemingly few owners who is very happy with my '15 Honda CR-V and my Honda dealer (Bommarito Honda of Hazelwood, Missouri).

Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sadly, you're both right !! My app't is later today so I'll get the work done and then come home and sit in front of the TV and wait for the inevitable !! Craig

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have experienced only 4 dealers in my time of owning Honda's, one in North Carolina, one in Illinois, one in Alabama and one in Tennessee. (I really don't care to identify them). Illinois always made me feel like a valued customer, provided fantastic service and when I left after getting service to my 1992 Accord I always felt good about the experience. I can say the same for both the Alabama dealership and the North Carolina dealership. Recently I was force to visit one here in Tennessee. MY "V" died and had to be towed and that's where I told them to take it. Worst experience of my life. No communication, no idea what they were doing and felt like an abandoned dog. I will never ever go there again...

·
Registered
868 Posts
I've dealt with the same dealership for 30 years. Same owners and senior management. Only have had minor disagreements with service advisors, but always got it resolved. Same salesman for my last two CRV's. He has become a good friend. Unless I switch to another brand, I see absolutely no reason not to continue with them.

Could I save a few bucks going somewhere else? Maybe. But I don't care.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Craig,

You are on the right track.

For any warranty work, dealers are paid a "flat-rate" and it acts as a disincentive in terms of billable hours and repayment. Honda is often months late in settling invoices (3 Honda America Corporations, dealers only usually have to deal with one entity) which affect the bottom line profit for the owner and GM bonus.

Any "other than warranty" work is profitable as the techs can "push" unnecessary work, parts, on unsuspecting customers but even if acting according to good business practice standards, they can easily modify a "warranty covered" service or item into a "billable work event". It is all in the hands of the dealer accountants, managers, owners and impacts who keeps their job and who gets a bonus.

Note that "being a Honda dealer" is no reflection on the Honda Corporate entities as dealers are completely independent against the name displayed on the logo and while they have legal agreements, their business interests are not mutual.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Might have missed something but what were you b-tchin about specifically?? magnumpii
single issues are easier to counteract then general.
there is not a dealer on earth that doesn't have issues. single out the bottom issue
and solve each one separate. Always the calm, collected, documenting customer.
Its kinda like a slow checkers game. . . . evaluate before each move.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts