Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my local Honda service department located in the middle of Long Island NY for my 2018 CRV EX-L oil change.

Total paid for oil and filter change, multipoint vehicle inspection and top off all fluids was $68.92 I thought nothing of the price because it was at a dealership.

Curiosity got me and called 2 Honda dealerships; one west and east of this delearship. Their cost was $39.95

Called the service department and spoke with the service manager. Told me they were loosing money at the lower price and had to charge the higher price. The service manager compared the higher price in line with Pepboys and Firestone. Funny.

Also I asked why I was charged for 5 quarts of oil when my CRV 1.5L turbo engine with filter takes only 3.7 quarts of oil. He said it was a typo. To this date, I did not receive a refund for being overcharged for extra oil. Also, the service manager did not ask me to come in to verify proper oil amount.

Definetly lost all faith and trust in this dealership's service department.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
It's time to challenge the general manager of that dealership. This is just wrong.
Tell him about other Honda dealers much lower prices for the same work.
If he wants your future business he will refund the difference.
Did you buy the CRV from that dealership???

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Went to my local Honda service department located in the middle of Long Island NY for my 2018 CRV EX-L oil change.

Total paid for oil and filter change, multipoint vehicle inspection and top off all fluids was $68.92 I thought nothing of the price because it was at a dealership.

Curiosity got me and called 2 Honda dealerships; one west and east of this delearship. Their cost was $39.95

Called the service department and spoke with the service manager. Told me they were loosing money at the lower price and had to charge the higher price. The service manager compared the higher price in line with Pepboys and Firestone. Funny.

Also I asked why I was charged for 5 quarts of oil when my CRV 1.5L turbo engine with filter takes only 3.7 quarts of oil. He said it was a typo. To this date, I did not receive a refund for being overcharged for extra oil. Also, the service manager did not ask me to come in to verify proper oil amount.

Definetly lost all faith and trust in this dealership's service department.
Call your credit card & dispute the charge .
Showing them you were charged for 5 vs 3.7 & claim will fall in your favor.

·
Registered
415 Posts
my Honda dealer have an advantage care plan, $109.95 for 3 oil changes, 3 tire rotations, inspection, top off all fluids
awesome, very happy (had one this 2018, doing it again this 2019)

Honda.jpg

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,026 Posts
Who was the dealer again?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts