Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just changed my wife's CRV rear differential fluid and this is the second time. The first fluid change, I noticed the the unused Dual Pump II fluid color was like honey. For the the second time, I noticed that the color of the unused fluid is like pink or light red. I still have the left fluid from my first fluid changed as I only used about 1 1/3 quart total. Will appreciate if you could give any explanation or insight about this. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sounds like the red pink fluid you are talking about is VTM fluid, which is used for the differentials on Pilots and Ridgelines.

I know Honda changed their fluid a couple of years ago for the Dual pump Fluid. Dont recall if they also changed the color.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,789 Posts
It is always Good Practice to <<<shake>>> old or opened fluids before installing (even motor oil). (Of course, with motor oil you can leave the bottle draining upside-down in a funnel for several minutes...but you can't do that with diff fluid as easily)

The additives can settle out.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Dual pump II should be a pinkish/red color. Honey colored wasn't dual pump II like you are supposed to use. Not sure what you used but it wasn't dual pump II the first time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts