Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CRV EX AWD
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found the article on CarComplaints.com website https://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2018/honda-earth-dreams-engine-lawsuit-cr-v-civic.shtml about a Honda "Earth Dreams" engine lawsuit filed.

This article dated August 22, 2018 and stated "A Honda "Earth Dreams" engine lawsuit alleges 2015-2018 Honda CR-Vs and 2016-2018 Honda Civics have 1.5-liter, 2-liter and 2.4-liter direct injection engines that are defective".

I am sure, moderators will delete this tread as the discussion about this engines problem is the subject to censorship on our Crvownerclub.

There is only a few members denies this problem, but moderators and administrators take the actions and not lets discussion to grow up.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
9,228 Posts
We encourage discussion.

BUT

We do NOT see a benefit to repeat arguments or new threads that cover NO new ground. It just leads to bad blood between members, and some of those affected leave the Forum.

We were aware of the Class Action in August. We felt that it didn't add anything to the issue.

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
2,735 Posts
I am old school I believe it when I smell it and I don't

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I don't think a suit by a unhappy person in Minnesota who filed suit is really newsworthy. Good luck getting it as a class action. They are including the 2.4 and the Civic in the suit without a logical reason. I suspect this will die or be settled as a nuisance suit and it will never reach being a class action.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,537 Posts
If you want to follow this lawsuit, click on the link. https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/7322881/fath-v-honda-north-america-inc/ At the time of writing, the case has just been reasssigned to a newly sworn in justice. Typically this cases if they are not dismissed, result in a great payday for the lawyers and very little benefit for car owners. Every car manufacturer has to deal with them and Honda is no exception.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.