Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We own a Civic with the oil solution issue. This makes me feel only a smidge better.

I haven't bought a CR-V, which I really like, because of this issue. I'm not ready to buy for a while yet so maybe they'll have this completely resolved by then.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think that, in time, we'll find this is not as big of an issue as it appears. My '18 with just over 18k miles has a faint fuel odor on the dipstick, but I've never seen the oil level rise. I've been monitoring it since I purchased last summer. I've done two oil changes to date based on the maintenance minder. I do them myself and haven't noticed an excessive fuel odor in the oil.

My dealer offered a lifetime powertrain warranty at the sale. I had that before Honda extended their warranty.

I'll be sure to stay on top of the maintenance just as I do with all of our vehicles.

I still enjoy the CRV as much now as I did when I purchased. It's comfortable and I'm getting fantastic gas mileage--32 MPG.

·
Registered
232 Posts
“We’re glad there’s a free fix available nationwide,” says William Wallace, a safety policy advocate for CR. “But if the vehicles are stalling, as some owners have reported, this is a safety issue and Honda should conduct an official recall, which doesn’t expire.” Yes what they said! I have the "so called Fix" it did not work.

·
Registered
228 Posts

What kind of fancy dip stick is that? What's the deal Honda? Are you too embarrassed of the actual one that you include in these engines so you have to photo-shop in a normal looking type?

Also, gee, thanks for all of the extra piece of mind of knowing that you might take care of my warranty for 6 years instead of 5. Thanks for really stepping up to the plate here. I feel way better now.

For the record, I do have the oil rising issue in my CR-V (even after "the fix"), so I have been following this issue closly.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,758 Posts
See OD for discussion.
Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.