Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I am Jay, in Austin, Texas. I just picked up a 2003 CR-V with almost 200K miles. It looks and runs great. I'm noticing a few things in need, of course.

I ride a 1999 Honda Valkyrie motorcycle and my wife drives a 98 Civic. My newest "Honda" is my 3 year old lawn mower. If Honda made a toaster, I'd buy it!

I look forward to getting to know my CR-V and all of you. As I have been primarily a 2-wheeled person for the last 20 years, be prepared for an onslaught of pea-brained noob questions.

Happy Friday, Amigos.

Jay

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Welcome. Wow!.....a Honda Valkyrie, like riding on a cloud, a very fast cloud.?

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Jay! I'm also in Austin. A Valkyrie, eh? That's like a cruiser version of a Gold Wing, right? Nice looking bike. I just sold my last bike, an FZ1, right after that last soccer Mom tried to git me. Having hit that pavement before, I'm too old to do it again. Rode all my life, though, and early in my marriage, we had only one car and my bike for a few years. But such is life. Just got my '07 V last year, so far, so good. By the way, we love pictures here, so feel free to show us your V, as well as your bike. I live NE, on the edge of Pflugerville, retired now. Keep us posted on how you are enjoying your new ride and how it treats you. Also, should you need it, I can point you to the best mechanic in Austin. Have fun!

·
Registered
996 Posts
Nice car (and bikes, too)!

Happy you are here, my Honda lawnmower is a '97 hydrostatic drive (purchased new) that has been used enough to completely wear out the rear wheels once (easy to replace).

Had Honda Hawk once, some dick in a pickup tried to kill me on it...the bike was a total, I came out with a sprained ankle...

Be safe and have fun!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Nice bikes (and car). I ride

a 2012 Suzuki VStrom. Nearly 100,000 miles on it as I ride all over Canada and the US. Tail of the dragon last September along with many local roads with a buddy. Love our 2020 CRV but my 2004 Acura TSX runs as new (purchased in spring of 2003) so I suspect your CRV will be around for quite some time, Enjoy!

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
That's a clean V! Nice bikes, too. Here's my bike:

Kinda wish I'd kept it, but after one too many close calls and not enough time to ride anyway, I let it go. I just thought my KZ1000 was fast until I got this monster.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts