Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks,

I'm looking for suppliers for Honda fluids, namely ATF Z1 and Dual Pump II for my 2001 CR-V.

My local dealer's prices for ATF Z1 are £14.16 per litre and Dual Pump £8.63 per litre. They claim there is no such thing as Dual Pump II and they still use the older fluid for servicing.

The US seller, Handa sells Z1 for £3.31 a quart and Dual Pump II for £4.38 a quart!

Is there a European supplier (with UK shipping) that can approach the US prices for these products?

Thanks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Firstly you are right that there is a dual pump II fluid. Try a different dealer and report the offending dealer to HUK.

I have been able to get all the fluids from my local Honda dealer but I need to supply my own containers as they only carry the fluids in bulk. Having said that the prices are a little sharper as well.

I don't think there is a similar supplier in Europe to Handa in the US, at least I've not found one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I'll get in touch with Honda next week.

I did find a Honda dealer in Kent that sells the parts and fluids very cheap but when I called them and asked if they deliver, they said yes. They continued to confirm their excellent prices then they laughed at me when I said I wanted the goods delivered to Scotland. Idiots have never heard of couriers?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you. I'll get in touch with Honda next week.

I did find a Honda dealer in Kent that sells the parts and fluids very cheap but when I called them and asked if they deliver, they said yes. They continued to confirm their excellent prices then they laughed at me when I said I wanted the goods delivered to Scotland. Idiots have never heard of couriers?
Had three CRVs always used ordinary ATF fluid in them transaxle and rear diff without any problems auto/man

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you.

I'm not sure what to do about these vibrations and whirring sounds now though!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sometimes I get a loud whining noise in full lock which I thought could be the rear diff and there's some shaking/vibration at around 50 mph. The vibration occurs quite heavily accelerating from around 45-60 mph, peaking at 50 and it is less weaker on deceleration.

The vibration shakes the whole vehicle and doesn't seem localised to the front wheels.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sometimes I get a loud whining noise in full lock which I thought could be the rear diff and there's some shaking/vibration at around 50 mph. The vibration occurs quite heavily accelerating from around 45-60 mph, peaking at 50 and it is less weaker on deceleration.

The vibration shakes the whole vehicle and doesn't seem localised to the front wheels.
sounds more like the balancing, or even buckled wheels to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts