Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed Honda Hack Pro and loaded apps. My problem: I added the Torque Lite app to be able to access OBD II engine data on the head. I cannot get the head to pair with the Bluetooth of the OBD II device. It appears the head will only pair with a phone. Does anyone know how to get the head to pair with the Bluetooth of the OBD II device?

I can easily pair with the OBD II device with my phone using the Torque Lite app but running the Torque Lite app on the head I cannot see the Bluetooth of the OBD II device. From the app on the head I can see the phones but not the OBD II device. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
In the past I have heard people say that they also could not get the Bluetooth to work.
From what I have seen posted the WiFi ones do work.

Rob

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rob. I have done searches for posts on the subject and I cannot find any. Before I buy a WIFI version I would like to have more confidence that it will solve the problem. Can you give me some links?

·
Registered
210 Posts
If you google the xda forums for Honda hack you will see this subject beaten to death. From what I understand is its possible, but hard, and not without flaws.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Thanks Rob. I have done searches for posts on the subject and I cannot find any. Before I buy a WIFI version I would like to have more confidence that it will solve the problem. Can you give me some links?
I tried 2 different bluetooth adapters and neither would work.

My WIFI adapter connected easily.

Only issue was that the cheap one I bought stayed alive and drained the car battery.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts

Sorry, I cannot remember the units that worked.
I suggest just searching on Amazon for one and making sure the unit goes into stanby when not in use. You should be able to get that info in the reviews section or the product questions.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I installed Honda Hack Pro and loaded apps. My problem: I added the Torque Lite app to be able to access OBD II engine data on the head. I cannot get the head to pair with the Bluetooth of the OBD II device. It appears the head will only pair with a phone. Does anyone know how to get the head to pair with the Bluetooth of the OBD II device?

I can easily pair with the OBD II device with my phone using the Torque Lite app but running the Torque Lite app on the head I cannot see the Bluetooth of the OBD II device. From the app on the head I can see the phones but not the OBD II device. Any suggestions?
Update
I bought a WIFI OBDII adapter and the Torque lite app on the head unit does recognize it and read data. So now I have a boost gage on the head. I would like to add a Torque Converter Clutch Lock-up signal so I can tell the speed the TCC engages. Anyone know how? Note both the Bluetooth and WIFI OBDII devices were Foseal devices from Amazon.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update
I bought a WIFI OBDII adapter and the Torque lite app on the head unit does recognize it and read data. So now I have a boost gage on the head. I would like to add a Torque Converter Clutch Lock-up signal so I can tell the speed the TCC engages. Anyone know how? Note both the Bluetooth and WIFI OBDII devices were Foseal devices from Amazon.
Update #2
The Foseal device works ok, but it does not shut WIFI off when key is off. Therefore; it should not be left plugged in unless you are prepared for battery drain. I am disappointed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts